Cakes, pastries, sweets, lollipops … It is difficult for us girls to do without sweets. But if you have refined sugars in your diet, it will be difficult for your skin to stay young. Let’s omit the information that everyone knows so well that sugar is unhealthy, that it makes you fat, but let’s talk about its effect on youth and beauty. Does sugar cause wrinkles? How sugar affects beauty?
– creases and wrinkles on the forehead
– bags under the eyes
– haggard look of the face
– unhealthy spots or pustules
– gray / pale skin tone.
Let’s deal with the reasons:
1. Refined sugar affects the fine balance of bacteria in the intestines. Hence the pustular pimples on the face, shoulders and chest. Girls, if you have already passed the transitional age, and acne does not leave you, you may be overusing sugar!
2. An increase in the level of the hormone insulin (from excess sugar) stimulates the production of the stress hormone cortisol. As a result, the skin becomes pale, earthy in color.
3. Excess sugar affects fat distribution. Sugar lovers often have a sunken face because the skin loses the oil that makes it smooth.
4. And the most unpleasant thing is that refined sugar causes glycation – a process when excess sugars bind to protein molecules (collagen and elastin) and change their structure. As a result, protein fibers become hard (caramelized), the skin gradually loses its firmness and elasticity, and visible signs of aging appear – creases and wrinkles.